These are the Requirements specified by Skype on Linux Beta
- 1 Ghz processor or faster.
- 256 MB RAM.
- 20 MB free disk space on your hard drive.
- Microphone and speakers or headset.
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Video card driver with Xv support.
- Qt 4.2.1+
- D-Bus 1.0.0
- libasound2 1.0.12
- PulseAudio 0.9.10+ (optional)
- PulseAudio 0.9.15+ (optional recommended)
Get your Skype for Ubuntu from here
For Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 you can use the versions for 8.10.
For other Linux distros see
I just downloaded the file using the link for Skype and Ubuntu 9.10 32 bit. Clicked on the .deb file and it ran right away. Followed the on screen instructions and installed the program and so far it seems to be working fine. Thanks!
hi..i new to ubuntu m facing problem in downloading skype,yahoo messenger. actually m not getting an optio of run dere n m getting an option of save nd my downloads are just geeting save instead of running to install.plzzz help
please see http://blog.dipinkrishna.info/2009/11/mic-not-working-with-skype-on-ubuntu.html to find out whether it is the problem
Hi,I downloaded skype to my linux 9,10 karmic.I downloaded the skype for 8.10 32 bitthe chat seems to work.audio seemed to experience difficulties- was not heard on the other computer and on land line could not be understood.any ideas.
This works well. Thank you.